Wine & Dine
THE ST REGIS PUNTA MITA RESORT
The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort offers sumptuous culinary delights of all kinds. Whether guests seek a quiet poolside meal, a casual snack or fine dining with international cuisine, The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort’s offerings will appeal to even the most discerning culinary connoisseur. With three exceptional on-site restaurants as well as two exquisite bars, guests are ensured a variety of memorable dining experiences.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE RESTAURANT NAMES FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Las Marietas Restaurant & Bar: Our Mexican gem named after the Marietas Islands a stone’s throw from our shore. Enjoy a delicious breakfast, champagne brunch or authentic Mexican cuisine from local Chef Marco Quijas. A fun family atmosphere for children and parents or guests looking for a casual Mexican dining experience. Open from 7:00am to 12pm for breakfast and from 12:30pm to 6pm for lunch. Classic & Contemporary Mexican.
- Sea Breeze Restaurant & Bar: Sea Breeze provides a happening beach club vibe with international and local DJs, renowned gourmet Burger Club, and cutting edge restaurant concept Latin bistro by Chef Patricio Persico
Open from 12:30pm to 11pm. Latin Bistro
- Signature Restaurant Carolina:The jewel in the Crown, Carolina offers a seductive and bespoke fine dining restaurant experience. With her five diamonds and AAA rating Carolina showcases the very best of modern Mexican cuisine from Chef Naoki Katori. Using only the freshest of local ingredients Carolina offers a unique and magical culinary journey. Open Daily (except for Monday) from 6pm to 11pm for dinner. Modern Mexican.
- Mita Mary Bistro Boat : A truly authentic dining experience, the Mita Mary boat bistro represents the very best local cuisine; grilled fish or lobster, shrimp & fish tacos, a cold Mexican beer or Margarita mixed with fresh mint and cucumber. Combined with the shade of the palm trees and your toes in the sand you wont ever want to leave. Open Monday to Saturday 12pm – 10pm, Sunday from 12pm – 5pm . Seafood
- Altamira Cantina Gourmet: Inspired by the cantinas of Mexico, Altamira offers unique and bold flavors in a casual and intimate atmosphere. Modern interpretations include dishes such as chicharrón en salsa verde, beef birria and taco de tuétano. Combined with a variety of mezcal and craft beer, Mexican wine and fine tequilas, Altamira is a unique experience by The St.Regis Punta Mita Resort
- Areca Pool Bar: Serving guests around the adult pool, Areca offers flavorful light fare, from ceviches and sushi to grilled Panini sandwiches made from the freshest of ingredients available, amidst fresh ocean breezes by the pool or in the comfort of private cabanas.
Note: opening hours may change without prior notice.
IN AND AROUND PUNTA DE MITA
Sufi located inside the Punta Mita Resort in the Porta Fortuna development boasts spectacular views of the Pacific and a view towards the twinkling lights of Puerto Vallarta from across the bay. Sufi´s relaxed elegant atmosphere flirts with a Mexiterranean twist that is translated into culinary creations true to its environment and unique style… a signature style… the Porta Fortuna style… a lifestyle.
Don´t miss Sufis Red Snapper al Pastor, the Duck Carnitas, or their Seafood Paella. This restaurant is a must in Punta Mita.
Oh and by the way, something to mull over while sipping one of their delicious wines: A Sufi is one who has two points of view: His own, and that of the other.
For more information, please dial or visit www.livepuntamita.com
Looking for that hidden gem in Punta de Mita dining? The place favored by locals? A quaint and somewhat hidden local restaurant in Punta de Mita is Casa Teresa Trattoria Italiana, which serves up the culinary traditions of its owner, Teresa, using her family’s old-world Italian recipes.
Upon walking through the front door and being greeted by either Teresa or her daughter Nadia, you realize something special is going on here in Punta de Mita. You are intriguingly led to a charming al fresco courtyard that looks up to the stars and sky.
A “Menu del Giorno” created from the freshest food of the day is exquisitely prepared by their (authentic!) Roman chef, using traditional Italian artisan techniques of handmade pastas among others, adding an inspiring touch to Casa Teresa’s distinct culinary delights. Besides the delicious cuisine, if you are lucky enough Nadia and her new husband Martin will salsa dance while you dine under the stars. Bacioni !
For more information, please dial or visit www.puntamitalive.com
The seafood mexican-focused Tuna Blanca follows a farm-to-table model, seeking out and highlighting the freshest seasonal ingredients from regional fisheries and farms in the Nayarit region of Mexico.
Thierry Blouet, Chef owner of the famous Café des Artistes in Puerto Vallarta, a restaurant that not only offers fine dining at its most elegant, but has also earned a distinguished reputation as one of the best restaurants in Mexico, will present a Mexican Cuisine version oceanfront.
This 74 seat gourmet bistro restaurant offers diners the opportunity to sample the artistry of Chef Thierry Blouet, recognized for his touch of genius in the kitchen. His cuisine is considered an avant-garde category is a result of his love of culinary pleasures and classic experience in some of the most prestigious restaurants in the world. An immense energy and enthusiasm for excellence is reflected in his cuisine, which highlights both his own intuitive ability to prepare mouth-watering dishes and a uniquely personal gift: an intense sense of art and beauty.
The daily menu offers an interesting combination of choices like “Roasted sea bass with potato slices, fine herbs butter and spinach mousse”, “Tuna sashimi salad wrapped with sesame seed, lentil vinaigrette and wasabi foam” or for desert lovers “Surf Craving” In addition, fine wines and other aperitifs are available in a relaxed atmosphere where the service is always personal and professional.
For more information, please dial or visit livepuntamita.com
Si Señor’s setting matches any fantasy of seaside dining in Mexico. Greeted by one of our favorite and attentive waiters, Miguel, we settle into comfy “equipal” chairs under a canopy of romantically lit palm trees with the surf splashing against the sand — it doesn’t get much better than this. But then it does as we are served fresh margaritas with the tequila poured tableside into the hand blown Mexican glasses.
Si Señor’s menu is varied, with a mix of Mexican specialties and seafood — delicious tamales, carmelized shrimp in a honey garlic sauce, and calamari with fresh cilantro. All are expertly served up with fresh tortillas, rice and beans. For light snacks and cocktails, their bar also offers great views overlooking the bay, out to Las Marietas Islands. A private dining room with seating from 12 to 20 is available, featuring one of the largest pieces of wood as the tabletop we have seen.
We appreciate the details here, such as the gracious service, and the beautiful placemats of hand woven fabric from Michoacan with embroidery by the Huichol Indians. The food and atmosphere of Si Señor has added a bit of Mexican magic to Punta de Mita.
Location: Entry is a stunning blue stucco structure passing the reception desk at Hotel Meson de Mita on Avenida de las Pangas in Punta de Mita.
For more information, please dial or visit www.livepuntamita.com